- Tim Clement – MCCC GP Training
- Eldon Lyon – MCCC GP Training
- Duncan Howard – MCCC GP Training
- Professor Elizabeth Molloy – Department of Medical Education, Melbourne Medical School, University of Melbourne
- Professor Jonathan Silverman – Professor of Academic General Practice at Deakin University.
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
1 July 2018 – 31 July 2019
Description of project:
The overarching goal of this project is to investigate how video-clubs, an innovative form of professional development, can be used to support GP-supervisors’ development as teachers. A video-club is a regular meeting, where groups of supervisors watch and discuss video-recordings of their teaching. This goal will be investigated using case study evaluation, employing an embedded two-case design, with the video-club being the ‘unit of analysis’. We will establish two video-clubs, one on-line and one face-to-face, which will meet once a month for six-months. Each video-club will comprise of six GP-supervisors, a Medical Educator facilitator, and a researcher. We hope that engaging in the video-clubs will engender positive changes in supervisors’ thinking about their teaching, professional vision, and teaching practices.