Apply to become an accredited training facility
Before applying to become an accredited training practice, ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I ready to commit to teaching?
- Do I have the time each week in my schedule to set aside for teaching?
- Is the practice AGPAL/GPA accredited?
- Is there sufficient consulting space available for a registrar to work in?
- Does my practice offer a wide range of clinical services and procedures to ensure the registrar has a positive experience in general practice?
- Am I comfortable with the understanding that being accredited does not guarantee I will receive a registrar?
Yes, I’m ready to apply! How the accreditation process works
If you have answered yes to the questions above, you are ready to apply for accreditation as a training facility with MCCC GP Training. Here’s the key steps:
- Download and fill in a new training facility accreditation expression of interest form.
- Submit your form
- We’ll be in touch within two weeks to discuss your application and the next steps.
- Once accreditation is approved, your practice will be asked to sign a Training Services Deed. After signing, MCCC will list your training capacity of the MCCC website and give you login access to create and manage a practice profile page.
Successful completion of the training post accreditation process will result in accreditation for a period of three years, subject to continuing compliance with ACRRM or RACGP standards and meeting contractual obligations with MCCC GP Training.