The MCCC difference
Delivering excellence in medical education and training – responding to community needs
Experience the highest standard of general practice training and support in your journey to fellowship. Be confident as a highly-skilled GP to practice healthcare in a close-knit community, enjoying all the benefits of a challenging and rewarding career.
With knowledge, experience and a love of teaching, our GP supervisors and medical educators will guide you through your training to achieve fellowship. Their mentorship will make you a better doctor. Not only will you learn from the best educationalists, we also have a dedicated friendly operations team to help you every step of the way.
Diverse training opportunities
We can offer you unique training posts or multi-disciplinary clinics which will give you the breadth of experience you need as a well-rounded GP.
A career in general practice is whatever you want to make it. We can personalise your GP training to match your needs and further develop your area of interest such as: skin cancer medicine, medical education or rural health just to name a few.
GP training with MCCC is flexible and can be designed to fit with your other life plans.
- Over 330 diverse, accredited specialty posts to choose from
- Work alongside highly-trained medical educators, who will guide you through diverse clinical presentations
- Choose Aboriginal Health and work with cultural educators and cultural mentors, learning to manage complex presentations
- Partnerships with leading health organisations to deliver hands-on, multi-faceted training
- Opportunity for advanced and extended skills in a wide range of clinical settings
- Have the experience of your life!
Choice of pathways
Choose from general, rural or rural generalist pathways – see more here.
- Challenge yourself with a choice of over 330 diverse, accredited training posts
- Rural posts offer breadth of training and a unique experience
- The choice is yours, we can guide you to make the best decision for your training career
- Call 1300 622 247 to discuss your options.
Dynamic education program
We are proud to deliver excellence in medical education and training with:
- Superior online eLearning platform
- Diverse range of learning and teaching modes – workplace-based learning and supervision, webinars, eLearning
- Face-to-face workshops (as COVID-19 restrictions allow)
- Innovative and evidence-based teaching program
- Extensive range of quality-controlled resources
- Focus on your training needs – individual training plans supported by dedicated training advisors
- Unique registrar support looking at both wellbeing and education – see more about our PALs program here
- Nationally-accredited education program
- Highly-trained, passionate and experienced medical educators, supervisors and training advisors
- Educators who continually look at the latest methods and research in training and education
- Over 850 dedicated GP supervisors for one-on-one learning
Want to apply to the general practice training program? Click here to find out more.
Need more help or advice?
MCCC is here to support you with your journey to fellowship and to assist you with advice regarding becoming a GP.
Our FAQ section, has recently been updated and contains the answers to many of your questions.
Alternatively, contact us using the form below. We can provide information about the selection process, help decide which training pathway is best for you, or provide guidance about your hospital experience.