Registrar Placement (formally referred to as Practice Match) is a complex process. It takes into account the needs and requirements of registrars, the accredited training practice and supervisors, whilst meeting criteria set down by the AGPT program and the two GP Colleges (RACGP and ACRRM).
MCCC is committed to ensuring that our placement process delivers the best outcome to all concerned. We encourage all accredited teaching practices in our region to consider being involved in the registrar placement process each year and our training operations staff work hard to ensure that the matching of registrars and practices:
- Assists in building a sustainable primary healthcare team within the MCCC footprint, especially in areas of higher workforce need
- Encourages rural registrars to take advantage of the more rural and remote practices within the MCCC region
- Ensures equitable distribution of registrars to training practices
- Supports registrars’ individual training needs
- Exposes registrars to a variety of practices in the MCCC regions.