CLINIC SUMMARY (www.tchc.com.au)
- Clinic classified as Outer Metro for GP Registrar Training
- Clinic Hours 9am to 6pm Mon to Fri and 9am to 2pm on weekends. Closed Public Holidays
- GP Registrar – Weekend work (as part of a roster only)
- Accepts GPT 1 to 4, Full time or Part time [ 2 Registrars at one time ]
- Registrar has own room with all equipment provided
- Modern, Professional, Fully Computerised Practice
- AGPAL Accredited to the highest standards
- MoleMap Skin Cancer Detection System + Excision of lesions
- Full time Nurse support
- Range of Allied Health on-site including Pathology & Dentist
- Supervisor examines applicants for GP Training Program and teaches/supervises GP Registrars from MCCC.
- Supervisor teaches and examines Medical Students from Melbourne University (PG 1 to 3 yrs)
TESTIMONIALS FROM PREVIOUS REGISTRARS
- “TCHC (Tullamarine Complete Health Centre) is a busy bulk billing clinic. The clinic is well equipped, uses Genie on Macs and the consult rooms are light and bright. You gain a broad experience under excellent supervision from Ahsan.” – Tim (2017)
- “TCHC (Tullamarine Complete Health Centre) is a great clinic for GP registrars. It’s a busy bulk billing practice catering for a broad patient population. During my time at the clinic I learnt a lot. Ahsan was a great supervisor, always providing support when needed. The experience gained during my 6 months there will be invaluable for my future career.” – Roisin (2018)
- “Working at TCHC was a great way to experience working in a busy bulk billing clinic, with a wide patient demographic. Ahsan is a very supportive supervisor who is always happy to answer any questions you might have and the nursing team are experienced and very helpful.” – Jemma (2019)
- “I can highly recommend Tullamarine Complete Health Centre for GPT training having completed two terms there as a Registrar. Dr Hussain is a fantastic and knowledgeable educator and I felt very well supported by the clinic. The patients are absolutely lovely and patient presentations are very varied giving an excellent foundation for General Practice. Additionally, there are many opportunities for honing procedural skills including minor surgical skin procedures. I am grateful for my Registrar experience at TCHC.” – Phoebe (2020)
- “TCHC is an incredible clinic with so much to offer! As a GPT1 I found it was extremely well supported and that Dr Hussain has a keen interest in teaching and all the practice staff are easy to work with. The friendly and helpful reception staff and nurses make the transition from hospital to general practice a dream. It is centrally located and easy to get to from anywhere in the metro west region and the working hours are very friendly. It also has onsite or nearby allied services like pathology, psychologist, imaging and so many more community services to make referrals easy for you and your patients. Despite being a busy bulk billing clinic, I had a great time and grew confidence through excellent support and supervision by Dr Hussain at all times everyday. Would highly recommend TCHC to every GP trainee as a stepping stone to becoming a better and more confident GP.” – Nakul (2021)
- “I had a wonderful experience at TCHC and always felt very well supported by all. Lovely reception staff and knowledgeable nurses were always there to help. Dr Hussain was always happy to answer questions and provided excellent supervision and teaching. Great mix of patient presentations and opportunities to develop procedural skills. All in all would highly recommend to other registrars.” – Deniz (2021)
- “I was very happy with my GPT1 placement at TCHC. It was a busy bulk billing clinic with a wide range of presentations. Dr Hussain was a very supportive supervisor and was always available for help, even on his days off! The nurses and admin staff were lovely and very helpful. I would highly recommend the clinic!” – Sarah (2021)
ABOUT THE PRACTICE
Tullamarine Complete Health Centre was established in Jan 2011 with our motto being “Your Health is OUR Concern” – meaning that YOU, the patient, is our first priority and everything else comes later. Unlike many other clinics, we believe in personalised long term care and so we give you the choice to see the doctor of your choice.
Our team, consisting of the Reception/Admin staff, Nurses and Doctors along with an array of Allied Health staff aim to provide the best possible health care to our local community. We pride ourselves in our professionalism and a true sense of caring for the health needs of each individual.
The practice is accredited by AGPAL according to current best practice and regulations. We provide a one-stop-shop for the medical and health needs of our patients and where needed, we refer for further treatment.
We encourage consultations by appointments but welcome any who walk in without one. The practice is growing rapidly with new patients joining us every day! If you are new to the practice too, then we Welcome You too!
The Doctors at the Clinic take part in Examining and Supervising the Training of future General Practitioners (in partnership with MCCC – Murray City Country Coast GP Training) and Medical Students (from Melbourne University).