Terang Medical Clinic
Terang Medical Clinic is a beacon of health care that has been functioning from the same premises for over 58 years and since 2007 has been privately owned by Dr. Tim Fitzpatrick.
The success of the clinic is built on the foundations of compassion, respect and excellence. Working together, the clinic takes pride in providing a professional service to meet our client’s needs. In recent years we have expanded to meet the growing demand for our services. Doctors, nurses and allied health service providers offer a range of services to meet acute, urgent, chronic and ongoing health needs. We aim to provide clients with the best and most current treatments, methods, material and equipment within our resource capabilities to ensure that patients receive the high quality of services they have come to expect.
Terang Medical Clinic takes great pride in ensuring we provide a family-friendly workplace that assists in achieving and maintaining a favourable work/life balance.
Photos featured include one of Camperdown’s historic churches, Nigretta Falls in The Grampians, just over an hour away (Hopkins Falls are only 20 minutes away), Mt Noorat Volcano, Avenue of Oak trees, Gertie the dog – owned by lead supervisor and principal Dr Tim Fitztpatrrick taken along the Terang Walking Track where you can see various breeds of cattle, along with kangaroos, koalas, native birds and other wildlife.
|Number of doctors||5|
|Number of supervisors||3|
|Number of visiting specialists||3|
|Number of rooms||6|
|Allied health professionals||Physio, Audiology, Psychology, Optometry|
- 4 – all part time (2 Practice Nurses per day)
- 3 x Registered Nurses – skills and qualifications include midwifery, chronic disease management, immunisations, implanon, cervical screening and wound management
- 1 x Enrolled Nurse – medication-endorsed, theatre nurse.
Additional learning opportunities
|Small group learning|
|Assisting with procedures|
Supervisor Special Interests
- Dr Timothy Fitzpatrick, MBBS, DRACOG, FRACGP, Master Family Medicine – interests include Family Medicine (Masters in Family Medicine), Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DRACOG), Anaesthetics (Member ASA), Sports Medicine (Member SMA), Emergency Medicine
- Dr Jacqueline Altree, BM, BS, FRACGP, interests include Preventative Health and Health Literacy, Sexual Health, Mental Health, Emergency Medicine.
- Dr Johanna Kelly, BMBS, DCH, ACEM, RANZCOG, FRACGP, interests include Child Health, Emergency Medicine, Antenatal Shared Care.
General Facilities/ Services
Terang Medical Clinic is an AGPAL accredited General Practice located in a stand-alone building in Terang, Victoria.
The following services are provided:
- Consultations at Terang Medical Clinic
- Participation in the on-call roster at Terang & Mortlake Health Service
- Residential aged care facility visits (Terang and Mortlake areas)
- Home visits (as required)
- Practice Nurse support
- On-site Dental Clinic
- On-site Pathology
- Visiting specialists/allied health: Physicians, Physiotherapy, Audiology, Psychology, Optometry
|Practice opening hours||Clinic hours: Monday to Friday 8.30 am - 6.00 pm, Saturday 9.00 am - 12 noon Consulting hours: Monday to Friday 10.00 am - 12.00 noon and 2.00 pm - 5.30 pm, Saturday 9.30 am - 12.00 noon|
|College Requirements||Full time training requires 38 hrs per week employed averaged over 4 weeks. Less than 38 hours per week employed is part time training.|
|Saturday and Sunday work||1 in 5|
|On-call work||1 day on-call per week, 1 weekend on-call in every 5|
Out of practice visits
- Hospital inpatient visits (as required)
- Nursing home visits (once morning per fortnight)
- Home visits (as required)
- Driver’s licence required
Public holiday work
Practice closed on public holidays. Provide on-call services if rostered.
Local Hospital Information
Terang & Mortlake Health Service, Austin Avenue in Terang.
Hospital admission rights/ privileges
Requirement to secure credentialing as a VMO for Terang & Mortlake Health Service – Emergency Medicine, admission rights and minor procedures (e.g. excision of lesions, iron infusions).
As per agreement between Terang Medical Clinic and Terang & Mortlake Health Service
GP Advanced Skills opportunities
|Key contact:||Abby Hawken|
|Address:||156 High Street TERANG|
|Telephone:||03 5592 1033|
|Fax:||03 5592 1215|
Terang is a rural town located 30 minutes drive from Warrnambool (1.5 hrs from Geelong or 2.5 hrs from Melbourne). Local attractions include the beautiful 19th century buildings and an avenue of 100 year old oak trees; several local walking trails, including the Mt Noorat Volcano walk and the town’s close proximity to the Great Ocean Road only 40 minutes away featuring the Twelve Apostles, London Bridge and amazing beaches set in a backdrop of mountain forests.
Terang is serviced by local businesses including a petrol station, supermarket, hardware store, numerous cafes/bakeries, several accommodation options, choice of several primary and secondary schools, hairdressers and beauty therapists, a gym/fitness centre and various churches.
|Public transport||Train (VLine service between Melbourne and Warrnambool)|
|Nearest airport||Avalon (Geelong) or Melbourne's Tullamarine International Airport.|
|Access and distances to major centres or nearby towns||
Melbourne – 2.5 hours drive
There are both public and Catholic primary schools located in Terang, along with a public secondary school. There are also several public, Catholic and specialist developmental schools located within the Shire boundaries outside of Terang. There is a childcare centre and Kindergarten in Terang.