If you like to work as part of a comprehensive primary health care team approach, then Rumbalara might be a really good fit for you! We integrate general practice, allied health, specialist physicians, dentistry, and health promotion in our Mooroopna health & wellbeing site – and a whole lot more in other departments.
Here’s the snapshot of the “features and benefits” of training & working with us:
- You will actually make a difference in our lives – and isn’t that why you studied medicine?
- Learn to provide proper primary care, not just coughs and colds.
- Train in a well-supported, well-equipped clinic alongside experienced colleagues.
- Beautifully set in the river red gums on along the Goulburn River.
- Receive cultural mentoring from one of our Elders.
- Spend time with your patients: See 15-20 patients a day, not 30+.
- Hours 8:45am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
- No after-hours (weekends, evenings, etc).
- Paid annual, personal, and study leave.
- Generous salary + salary packaging.
- Mooroopna is within 5 minutes from Shepparton and two hours from Melbourne.
If you have any questions, we’d be very happy to talk with you on the phone – or, better still, welcome you for a personal, informal tour.
|Number of doctors||3|
|Number of supervisors||1|
|Number of visiting specialists||4|
|Number of rooms||12|
|Allied health professionals||psychologist, dietitian, podiatrist, credentialled diabetes educator, denstists|
Five registered nurses and one enrolled nurse. Includes: Three nurse immunisers, mental health nurse, credentialed diabetes educator, PAP screen provider, and nurse practitioner candidate.
All our nurses support doctors with health assessment and chronic disease management. They are trained to take bloods and assist GPs and physicians with administrative matters also.
Additional learning opportunities
|Small group learning|
|- Cultural mentor provided, paid study leave|
Supervisor Special Interests
Aboriginal health (qualified)
General Facilities/ Services
Very well equipped
|Practice opening hours||Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm.|
|College Requirements||Full time training requires 38 hrs per week employed averaged over 4 weeks. Less than 38 hours per week employed is part time training.|
|Evening roster||Not applicable.|
|Saturday and Sunday work||Not applicable.|
Out of practice visits
Nursing home visits to Rumbalara Elders Facility (95 Ford Road, Shepparton): 1 Wednesday every 3 to 4 weeks, shared with other doctors.
Home visits are provided during clinic times when necessary (not often).
Company car provided for work-related trips.
Public holiday work
|Key contact:||Karen Moodie|
|Address:||20 Rumbalara Road, Mooroopna, VIC 3629 Mooroopna|
|Telephone:||(03) 5820 0035|
|Email address for applications:||email@example.com|
Capacity information for 2020 currently not available in the portal – please contact REAPS
We will help you become part of our community.
– Beautifully set in the river red gums on the banks of the Goulburn River, surrounded by orchards (apples and pears).
– 2 hours to Melbourne, 2 hours to ski-resorts, less than an hour to wine regions and Murray River beaches.
– Together, Shepparton & Mooroopna form a large regional hub with excellent public and private schools, broad sports offering (excellent sports precinct), and a thriving arts scene also.
– Diversity & acceptance: Shepparton & Mooroopna are home to Victoria’s largest Aboriginal community outside Melbourne and has become the new home to a thriving migrant community from all over the globe.
Population: Combined, Shepparton & Mooroopna have a population of ca. 50,000. You can live an urban lifestyle in Shepparton or a rural lifestyle in one of the many small towns and farming communities surrounding Shepparton.
Shepparton has places of worship for all major religions and denominations.
|Public transport||buses, trains|
|Nearest airport||Tullamarine, Melbourne (Shepparton has an airport, but for charter & leisure only)|
|Access and distances to major centres or nearby towns|
4 public and 4 private secondary schools