Robinvale District Medical Centre
Robinvale District Medical Centre is a private practice owned and operated by our local GP Dr Jane Neyland who is committed in providing quality care to our vibrant border township. The practice is a fully accredited practice and is committed to the ongoing AGPAL Accreditation.
Our GP is supported by 2 practice nurses, 1 practice manager and 3 receptionists and the clinic is located in the Robinvale District Health Services building adjacent to the nursing home.
The community and surrounds comprise of over 22 different nationalities and has a residential population of around 7000-8000.
|Number of doctors||1|
|Number of supervisors||1|
|Number of rooms||4|
|Allied health professionals||Diabetes Educator visits every Tuesday|
1 Full-time RN and 1 Casual EN. Our nurses assist the doctor in many aspects of service delivery including minor surgical procedures, ECGs, blood tests, collating the health requirements of our elderly and paying particular attention to the monitoring of diabetic and other chronically ill patients.
Additional learning opportunities
|Small group learning|
|Assisting with procedures|
Supervisor Special Interests
Acupuncture and Women’s health. Dr Phillip Webster will also provide remote supervision when required.
General Facilities/ Services
As well as routine consultations, the following services are available:
- Men’s, women’s, adolescent and children’s health care
- Royal Flying Doctors Women’s Health GP
- INR Testing
- Chronic disease management plans
- Skin checks and minor surgery
- Smoking cessation
- Cancer screening
- Family planning, pap smears, pregnancy tests and ante-natal care
- ECG: heart check
- Vaccinations: children, adult and travel
- Translating, interpreter services (TIS)
- Medicals – employment, licenses and insurances
- Mental health care
- Nursing home visits
- Telehealth available to link patients to specialists
- Referral services to Allied Health
- Wound management
- Over 75 health assessments
- Home visits for those to sick/frail to attend – by arrangement
|Practice opening hours||Monday - Friday 9.00am 5.00pm|
|College Requirements||Full time training requires 38 hrs per week employed averaged over 4 weeks. Less than 38 hours per week employed is part time training.|
|Evening roster||As per 'On call roster system' at local health service|
|Saturday and Sunday work||As per 'On call roster system' at local health service|
|On-call work||As per 'On call roster system' at local health service|
Out of practice visits
Visits to Robinvale District Health Services for the following when you are on the ‘on call roster system‘:
- Residential Aged care at Robinvale and Riverside Campus
- Inpatients at the Robinvale Hospital
- Urgent Care Centre for urgent medical care
Note: RDHS provides full nursing support for the above.
Public holiday work
As per ‘On call roster system’ at local health service.
Local Hospital Information
Hospital admission rights/ privileges
Our GP has admission and VMO rights to the local hospital, therefore, it is preferred for the individual to apply for these as well.
Preferred, not essential for the ‘On call roster system’
GP Advanced Skills opportunities
|aged care, mental health|
|Key contact:||Maria Hewett - Practice Manager|
|Address:||39 Latje Road Robinvale Vic 3549|
|Telephone:||03 5026 1744|
|Fax:||03 5026 4088|
|Email address for applications:|
Robinvale region has a diverse and productive rural area with its key growth industries are agriculture and horticulture.
Whether your interests lie in sport, the great outdoors, arts or culture, Robinvale can cater for you, your family, visiting friends and relatives.
There are established parklands and easily accessible areas of the mighty Murray River for water based activities such as swimming, skiing, camping and fishing.
Robinvale is home to the historic ‘Rural Life Museum’ and Robinswood Historical Homestead, both highlighting the region’s rich agricultural heritage.
Fascinating connection with France, through its twin-town relationship with Villers-Bretonneux.
Events across the region are also highlight for both locals and visitors and include the Robinvale Ski Race, Mallee Almond Blossom Festival and monthly markets.
Sport is embraced with groups and clubs for motorsports, soccer, cricket, lawn bowls, football, golf, netball, rugby, tennis, badminton and so much more.
Population: Population 7000-8000 (including surrounding districts)
|Public transport||Bus services and taxis|
|Nearest airport||Mildura Airport (90kms)|
|Access and distances to major centres or nearby towns||
Road and rail infrastructure connects the municipality with V-Line bus services from Swan Hill to Melbourne.
There are daily coach links from Robinvale to Ballarat and Albury.
A bus service operates 5 days per week from Robinvale to Mildura, providing a connection to the nearby regional city, with stops at Euston and Buronga along the way (Zaffina Bus Lines).
Robinvale/Euston Taxis operate throughout the region.
Nearby Mildura airport connects Robinvale to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and other regional centres throughout south-east Australia.
- Robinvale Pre School – 3 McCartney Court, Robinvale (03) 5026 3318
- Euston Pre School (private) – 22 Perry Street, Euston, NSW (03) 5026 4264
- Murray Valley Aboriginal Co-op – Latje Road, Robinvale (03) 5026 3353
- Robinvale College – 88 George Street, Robinvale (03) 5026 3704
- MVA Kindergarten – 1 Old Street, Robinvale (03) 5026 3255
- Robinvale Collge – 88 George Street, Robinvale (03) 5026 3704
- St Mary’s F-8 School (private) – 12 Watkin Street, Robinvale (03) 5026 3483
- Euston Public School – Sturt Hwy, Euston, NSW (03) 5026 3766
- Robinvale College – 188 George Street, Robinvale (03) 5026 3704
- SuniTAFE (sub-branch) – 160 Bromley Road, Robinvale (03) 5051 8300