EpicHealth Ocean Grove – Marketplace
Seeking a caring registrar to join our team!
- Busy, well established mixed billing practice with excellent reputation in local community
- Beautiful seaside rural location (20 mins from Geelong, 1.5 hrs from Melbourne)
- Approx 800 patients per week with high levels of new patients each week
- Patient population is predominately young families and middle aged retirees or elderly patients with chronic disease. Also emergency presentations due to being located in a bustling beachside holiday destination.
- Open 7 days – registrars contribute/share equally in the after hours clinic roster. This requires one evening until 9pm per week and 1 weekend day shift per week.
- Friendly and professional team including 5 GPs, full time Practice Coordinator, full time nursing support and onsite pathology 6 days a week.
- Modern clinic facilities with 5 consult rooms, treatment room, Best Practice clinical software
- Located in a busy shopping centre on local bus route with supermarket and pharmacy next door
- Long term opportunity to stay with our practice after the completion of your registrar training
|Number of doctors||5|
|Number of supervisors||1|
|Number of rooms||5|
|Allied health professionals||Podiatry, Osteo|
Additional learning opportunities
|Small group learning|
|Assisting with procedures|
Supervisor Special Interests
chronic disease management
|Practice opening hours||Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 9pm, Friday 8.30am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm, Sunday 10am to 3pm|
|College Requirements||Full time training requires 38 hrs per week employed averaged over 4 weeks. Less than 38 hours per week employed is part time training.|
|Evening roster||1 evening per week until 9pm (usual shift would be 12-9 with a 1 hour dinner break)|
|Saturday and Sunday work||1 weekend day per week (alternating Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 10-3)|
Out of practice visits
Nursing home visits optional for registrars
Public holiday work
Public holiday shifts are 9am to 6pm. Public holidays are shared across the GP team (3 GPs on out of 5). Opening hours 9-6. Closed Christmas Day.
Local Hospital Information
University Hospital Geelong is the closest public hospital. It is 30 minutes drive from our practice
Hospital admission rights/ privileges
|Address:||2-20 Kingston Downs Drive Ocean Grove|
|Telephone:||(03) 5256 2500|
|Fax:||(03) 5256 2709|
The bustling commercial and holiday centre of Ocean Grove is situated on the southern coast of the Bellarine Peninsula, separated from its twin coastal town of Barwon Heads by the Barwon River. The largest town on the Bellarine Peninsula, Ocean Grove offers a wide selection of shopping facilities including major supermarkets, restaurants, cafes and specialty shops. It is a popular holiday and tourist destination for Melbourne families and day trippers attracted by the idyllic location, excellent beaches and outdoor recreational opportunities. The Bellarine Peninsula is known for its beautiful beaches, surfing, outdoor walking/cycling trails, wineries, golf courses, sailing and fishing pursuits and the Adventure Park. Only 30 minutes drive from Geelong this rural beachside location has the best of everything!
The practice is located in the busy local shopping centre with 5 consulting rooms, a treatment room where minor procedures are provided and a pathology room. There is also a satellite clinic 3kms away with a second supervisor, osteopathy and podiatry services.
Major health issues include women’s and children’s health, aged care, mental health, minor emergencies, chronic disease management. Services provided in clinic include all aspects of family medicine as well as skin checks, preventative health checks, chronic disease management, TAC/work related injuries. Hospital in Geelong is 30 minutes away from the practice where specialist services can be accessed.
The clinic is conveniently located for patients in the local shopping centre next door to the main Woolworths and pharmacy in OceanGrove. The Ocean Grove area is growing significantly with two new estates opening up within 2 minutes drive of the practice and many young families moving to the area due to its lifestyle benefits.
Population: Approx 12,000 patients on our clinic database with large numbers of new patients per week
|Nearest airport||Avalon Airport|
|Access and distances to major centres or nearby towns||
30 minutes drive to Geelong