Ballan District Health & Care (BDHC) is committed to GP training.
We have a diverse GP workforce and will structure supervision around your learning needs. As an integrated health service, we offer a a varied learning environment which will especially suit registrars on a rural pathway.
Ballan District Health & Care – located between Melbourne and Ballarat along the Western Highway – is a rural healthcare provider to the residents of Ballan and surrounding Districts.
Employing more than 140 people and supported by more than 70 volunteers, Ballan District Health & Care provides an integrated single-site model of care: offering primary healthcare, hospital care, aged care, rehabilitation services, welfare and wellness services, and childcare.
Ballan District Health & Care commenced operations in 1966 as a six-bed Soldiers’ Memorial Bush Nursing Hospital. The hospital opening represented a significant community achievement. Many local people had made the Ballan Hospital their life’s work.
Ballan District Health & Care remains a Soldiers’ Memorial Bush Nursing Hospital, is owned by the community through the Ballan Hospital Association and is a registered charity. Many local people, including staff members and volunteers, continue to make the organisation their life’s work: to the benefit of the people of Ballan and surrounding Districts
- INTEGRATED HEALTH MODEL: Working together, we have a Private hospital with public beds, On site GP and Allied Clinics, Rehab facilities, Aged care, Pathology and Hospital Pharmacy.
- Ballan District Health and Care provides low-care acute VMO services
- Aged care
- Women’s Health
- Only 36km from Ballarat and 81km from Melbourne CBD
- GENEROUS SALARY PACKAGING: As a not-for-profit Public Benevolent Institution, we offer our employees generous salary packaging as part of their employment.
- RICH COMMUNITY HISTORY: We are a community-owned organisation (through an Association) and have been since 1966 when the hospital was opened.
- PERSON CENTERED CARE FOCUS: At BDHC we collaborate with the Ballan community and our team of professional staff to deliver the very best Person Centered Care.
- QUICK WALK TO LOCAL CAFES: We are only a few minutes’ walk to Ballan’s Main Street – featuring cafes and shops. Smell the fresh country air on your way!
- CLOSE TO BALLAN TRAIN STATION: We are only a few minutes walk from Ballan Train Station (17 minute train-ride from Ballarat and a 51 minute train-ride from Southern Cross station).
- FREE GYM & POOL ACCESS: Receive complementary membership to our indoor heated pool and gym area to support staff health.
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: A free and confidential counselling service is available to all staff and their families to support staff wellbeing.
- FREE CAR PARKING: There are no parking time-limits or costs around Ballan District Health & Care.