Registrars are expected to train full time ie 38 hours a week. In some circumstances, part-time training may be approved by the Regional Head of Education.
Registrars must gain prior approval for part-time positions from MCCC at least 20 days prior to the placement process commencing.
Positions matching each of the employment options are searchable on the Registrar Placement Process page from the placement stage open date.
Full-time only positions:
• The registrar must be employed 38 hours a week
• Practices will ONLY review applications from full-time registrars undertaking full-time training at 38 hours a week.
Part-time only positions:
• Available if part-time hours have been pre-approved by the Regional Head of Education
• Minimum part-time 14.5 employment hours per week (RACGP) and 16 hours per week (ACRRM)
• Practices will review CVs from pre-approved part-time applicants ONLY
• You must discuss your preferred hours at interview.
Both options available:
• The practice is happy to review CVs from either full-time or pre-approved part-time applicants
• Registrars must advise practices of their full-time or pre-approved part-time hours in their cover
letter, whilst ensuring minimum training requirements are met
• Registrars and practices must discuss the preferred hours for the position at interview.
Additional information can be found in the MCCC Training Obligations Policy and Procedure