Candidates need to be assessed for practice readiness prior to the selection interviews. Every candidate needs to do a hospital experience assessment as part of the selection process, to see if they are practice ready or if remaining in the hospital understand which other rotations you may require.
This can be done now if you have the required statements of service. Please access the portal below to submit documentation for assessment.
MCCC will review the information and Statements of Service (SOS) uploaded to determine if candidates/registrars are ‘practice ready’ to commence training in-practice or undertake an Advanced Skills placement.
Further information about practice readiness can be found in through the following links:
- RACGP Vocational Training Requirements for Fellowship
- RACGP Paediatric Term Requirement
- ACRRM Core Clinical Training
- MCCC Hospital Experience Assessment Policy and Procedure
Before commencing your submission
- Ensure you allow enough time to complete your submission in one sitting where possible
- Once you have started the process you won’t be able to access your submission on another computer as it will only be held in the original computer’s cache (memory)
- Have all your Statements of Service covering the disciplines/time you wish to be assessed
- Non-Victorian Paediatric ED Statement – a letter from the ED Manager will be required to verify the percentage of paediatric presentations
- First full general registration certificate (not applicable for current interns).
Registrars who have indicated they wish to commence in practice or complete an ARST in 2021, will receive an outcome prior to the registrar placement process.
Important: The practice readiness assessment is not an application or approval for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).