How to apply
There are a number of pathways to achieve general practice fellowship, with the largest and most popular being the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program. In simple terms, to train as a GP through the AGPT program you need to:
- Apply to the AGPT program during your intern, hospital or subsequent years – two intakes per year*
- Select your college – RACGP, ACRRM or both – research to find out which colleges best suits your needs
- Choose your pathway – rural, rural generalist or general pathway
- Preference your RTO, such as MCCC, as your training provider
- Complete assessment exams/interviews with RACGP or ACRRM and if successful;
- Be placed in an accredited practice to commence your training
For more detailed information, see our AGPT program guide.
Note: due to the transition to college-led training, this information is subject to change.
AGPT webinars are being held to provide applicants with information on the second intake for 2022. See below for MCCC regional webinars and topical webinars from both GP training colleges.
MCCC REGIONAL AGPT INFORMATION SESSIONS
|AGPT - North East region||Thursday 26 August||6pm - 7pm (AEST)||Complete|
|AGPT - North East region 2||Thursday 2 September||6pm - 7pm (AEST)||Watch recording|
|AGPT - South West region||Thursday 9 September||6pm - 7pm (AEST)||Watch recording|
|AGPT - North West region||Thursday 16 September||6pm - 7pm (AEST)||Watch recording|
|Application and selection process||Thursday 2 September||8pm (AEST)||Register here|
|FARGP and rural generalist||Monday 6 September||7pm (AEST)||Register here|
|Application and selection process with MCCC and all other RTOs||Tuesday 7 September||7pm (AEST)||Register here|
|CAAKT exam||Monday 4 October||TBC||Register here|
|Eligibility, selection and application process - rural generalism||Monday 23 August||12.30pm (AEST)||Watch recording|