All awards are now closed. Look out for more information on awards for 2020.
Registrar extension awards 2019
Are you at PRRT3/GPT3 level or beyond? Have you performed at an exceptionally high standard throughout your GP training?
This new award will help you to further enhance your skills. It will reimburse your costs (up to the value of $2,000*) in developing these skills. There are two awards available.
To apply you must:
- Be a PRRT3 or GPT3 level or beyond
- Meet specific criteria detailed below and
- Submit up to 1000 words to support your application.
Your submission should explain how the award will be used to extend your learning by offering enhanced care to your patients and/or the community.
Examples of this are:
- Attend an educational conference eg. GPTEC2019, GP19, RMA19 etc
- Undertake a research project
- Undertake additional training/qualification in a medically related area.
Registrars applying for the award need to have achieved at least two of the following:
- ‘Above expected’ in more than half of the Initial Assessment activities
- ‘Above expected’ in more than half of the Further Assessment activities
- Top band in RACGP AKT
- Top band in RACGP KFP
- Top band in RACGP OSCE
- Nominated as future candidate as REST Instructor at completion of REST course with MCCC
- Performance band 1 for 80 % or above in both patient and colleague feedback in MSF and complete the activity successfully
- Achieve 4 ranking in Overall Impression in PC Stamps results in at least 6 of the 8 stations.
- Three or more ECTVs assessed as ‘Above expected’ overall
- Three or more supervisor reports assessed as ‘Above expected’
All applicants who meet the required criteria will receive a certificate of recognition of their efforts in performing at an exceptionally high level during their GP training.
*Note: award is via reimbursement of your costs in developing your enhanced skills only. Expense must be incurred prior to reimbursement. Proof of expense will be required.
Registrar community engagement awards 2019
All practices were invited to submit eligible GP registrars for their service to the local training community. Successful winners will be announced at this year’s AGM.
GP training service awards 2019
The MCCC board is recognising our long-standing practices and their service to GP training within their local communities at this year’s AGM.
Four practices who have been providing general practice training for in excess of 25 years, will be acknowledged and commended by the board, executive and staff of MCCC.
More details on awards available for 2020 to follow.