Registrar extension awards are now open
Are you at PRRT3/GPT3 level or beyond?
Have you performed at an exceptionally high standard throughout your GP training?
This bi-annual award is designed to help you further enhance and extend your skills.
It will reimburse your costs (up to the value of $2,000*) in developing these advanced and extended skills. There are two awards available.
To apply you must:
- Be a PRRT3 or GPT3 level or beyond
- Meet specific criteria detailed below and
- Submit up to 1000 words to support your application.
Your submission should explain how the award will be used to extend your learning by offering enhanced care to your patients and/or the community.
Examples of this are:
- Attend an educational conference eg. GPTEC2019, GP19, RMA19 etc
- Undertake a research project
- Undertake additional training/qualification in a medically related area.
Registrars applying for the award need to have achieved at least two of the following:
- ‘Above expected’ in more than half of the Initial Assessment activities
- ‘Above expected’ in more than half of the Further Assessment activities
- Top band in RACGP AKT
- Top band in RACGP KFP
- Top band in RACGP OSCE
- Nominated as future candidate as REST Instructor at completion of REST course with MCCC
- Performance band 1 for 80 % or above in both patient and colleague feedback in MSF and complete the activity successfully
- Achieve 4 ranking in Overall Impression in PC Stamps results in at least 6 of the 8 stations.
- Three or more ECTVs assessed as ‘Above expected’ overall
- Three or more supervisor reports assessed as ‘Above expected’
All applicants who meet the required criteria will receive a certificate of recognition of their efforts in performing at an exceptionally high level during their GP training.
Download the application form here.
Applications should be sent directly to email@example.com, via word or PDF format only.
Applications are open now and close COB Monday 30th September, 2019. Winners will be advised within four weeks. Awards will be formally recognised at the MCCC GP Training AGM in 2020.
March 2019 winners
Dr Samuel Craven received his Registrar Extension Award to undertake further training in Palliative Care
Dr Alyssa Vass was awarded to attend an Indigenous Health Conference.
*Note: award is via reimbursement of your costs in developing your enhanced skills only. Expense must be incurred prior to reimbursement. Proof of expense will be required.