Our Reconciliation Action Plan and Educational Framework
We are also proud to present our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health and Education Framework, supporting the key themes and strategic outcomes of our RAP.
The framework outlines our vision for Aboriginal health and wellbeing, including:
- Equal rights and equal opportunities to that of all other Australians including equal access to culturally safe health services
- Higher social and emotional well-being
- A workforce/organisational culture built on respect, trust, culturally safe and appropriate care and holistic services in the healthcare setting
- An educated and culturally aware workforce including the availability of Aboriginal Cultural Mentors and Cultural Educators to support this
- Building our connections, communication and opportunities for yarning with traditional owners, Elders, ACCHOs and communities so that we
may learn, grow and work together for our shared goals, developing and strengthening mutually beneficial partnerships.