Registrar Placement Process – Interviews for 2019
Registrar interviews for 2019 placements commence Monday 8 October and close Friday 26 October. Please see below for further details about the process.
As per the Registrar Placement Policy, please ensure:
- Clear communication with applicants regarding non-progression if not interviewing
- Ratings are not discussed with the applicants at the time of interview
- Interview questions are appropriate and do not breach discrimination laws.
IMPORTANT APPLICANT PREFERENCING INFORMATION
The preferencing function in the Practice Portal is now open.
- Please do not enter preferences until all interviews have been completed and preferences finalised
- Preferences must be entered in the portal by COB Friday 26 October
- Practices can preference any number of Desirable applicants. The practice Highly Desirable rating can only be used as follows:
- one HD per 6-month term x 2 (2 registrars in total) • one HD per level GPT1/2 or GPT 3/4 for a 12-month term (2 registrars in total)
- Preferences will be reviewed by MCCC after 26 October and outcomes notified between 31 October and 2 November.
HOW TO ENTER APPLICANT PREFERENCES
Practices can enter preferences by logging into the Practice Portal on the MCCC Website, and selecting ‘Application Preferences’. You will only be able to add a rating for registrars who you have shortlisted for interview in your ‘Applications’. This can be updated at any time by clicking on ‘Applications’ and selecting ‘Edit’.
- Select the semester – 1,2 or all year
- Select the rating – Highly Desirable, Desirable or not preferenced
- Save your entry.
Please feel free to email me to clarify any additional details.