MCCC GP Training offers a range of support and professional development opportunities that are specifically designed to meet the needs of supervisors who work in accredited GP teaching practices, including:
- Hosting a monthly on-line journal club that is attended by individual supervisors for the purpose of sharing research and generating ideas and discussion.
- Offering dedicated Supervisor and New Supervisor workshops to support individual supervisors and cross fertilise ideas across the team. Visit the Events Calendar for upcoming dates
- Encouraging supervisors to attend conferences to share information, network and present approaches to GP Training. Visit the Supervisor noticeboard for upcoming opportunities
- Cross-promoting and supporting supervisor attendance at continuing professional development opportunities, particularly Rural Emergency Skills Training for GP supervisors working in remote and alpine settings in the region.
- Introducing a program to support the business needs of GP supervisors and their practices that includes the opportunity to attend one professional development event in their local MCCC region per annum with a topic focussed on the business of general practice.