MCCC would like to remind Supervisors that they are required to complete two Supervisor Feedback Reports per semester per Registrar within their Practice. These are to be lodged via SWAN, and are an important indicator of your Registrar’s progression of training.
For further information regarding Feedback requirements please contact the Training Support Officer in your region.
Have you listened to our new podcast?
Dr Paul Grinzi, a medical educator from our metro west office, has created SuperCast – a podcast for MCCC supervisors. SuperCast will keep you informed about important GP training topics and upcoming MCCC workshop dates and is available for both iOS and Android devices.
For iOS devices: Search for MCCC GP Training in iTunes to listen via the Apple Podcast app. Instructions on how to subscribe are available in this guide.
For Android or iOS devices: Search for MCCC GP Training in the Stitcher app. Instructions on how to subscribe are available in this guide.
Registrar Placement Process – Interviews for 2019
Registrar interviews for 2019 placements commence Monday 8 October and close Friday 26 October. Please see below for further details about the process.
As per the Registrar Placement Policy, please ensure:
- Clear communication with applicants regarding non-progression if not interviewing
- Ratings are not discussed with the applicants at the time of interview
- Interview questions are appropriate and do not breach discrimination laws.
IMPORTANT APPLICANT PREFERENCING INFORMATION
The preferencing function in the Practice Portal is now open.
- Please do not enter preferences until all interviews have been completed and preferences finalised
- Preferences must be entered in the portal by COB Friday 26 October
- Practices can preference any number of Desirable applicants. The practice Highly Desirable rating can only be used as follows:
- one HD per 6-month term x 2 (2 registrars in total) • one HD per level GPT1/2 or GPT 3/4 for a 12-month term (2 registrars in total)
- Preferences will be reviewed by MCCC after 26 October and outcomes notified between 31 October and 2 November.
HOW TO ENTER APPLICANT PREFERENCES
Practices can enter preferences by logging into the Practice Portal on the MCCC Website, and selecting ‘Application Preferences’. You will only be able to add a rating for registrars who you have shortlisted for interview in your ‘Applications’. This can be updated at any time by clicking on ‘Applications’ and selecting ‘Edit’.
- Select the semester – 1,2 or all year
- Select the rating – Highly Desirable, Desirable or not preferenced
- Save your entry.
New Reporting/Activity Process
SWAN’S TO DO LIST has been enhanced so you can easily track when reports or activities are due and complete them by the due date.
To reduce your email traffic, initial reminders for the due date of activities or reports will NOT be sent.
The new process will now be:
|Activity report tracking||Log in to SWAN regularly to complete by due date. No reminder email sent|
|Activity reports due||Complete and send by due date. No reminder email sent|
|Activity reports overdue||Reminder email sent mid-month|
|Activity reports seven days overdue||Reminder phone call|
After this timeframe an escalation process will occur. This is referred to in MCCC’s TR 023 Professional Behaviours Policy: Procedures
Please note: activity over 60 days overdue will not be displayed. We will contact you if this applies to you.
Should you have any queries, please contact your MCCC REAPS directly or call: 1300 622 247