It takes into account the needs and equirements of registrars, the accredited training practice, supervisors and must meet criteria set down by the AGPT program and the two GP Colleges (RACGP and ACRMM).
MCCC is committed to ensuring that the practice match process delivers the best outcome to all concerned.
We encourage all accredited teaching practices in our region to consider the option of being involved in training and work hard to ensure that matching of registrars and practices:
- Maximises registrar and practice choice
- Ensures equitable distribution of registrars to training practices
- Supports registrars’ individual training needs
- Exposes registrars to a variety of practices in the MCCC regions
- Encourages rural registrars to take advantage of the more rural and remote practices within the MCCC region
- Assists in building a sustainable primary healthcare team within the MCCC footprint, especially in areas of higher workforce need.
MCCC is committed to supporting areas of workforce shortage and offers “pre‐matches” to identified locations that experience these shortages or have a history of finding it difficult to recruit registrars. These locations may change from year to year.