Useful tips and resources – practice match 2018
MCCC’s practice match for 2018 AGPT placements will open on Friday 8 September 2017 and close on Friday, 27 October.
Download these resources and timelines to view key dates and actions for each stage of practice match
- Practice match summary information – August 2017
- Practice Match Timeline – for Practices
- Practice Match Timeline – for Registrars
- During the practice match period applicants who have been offered a place in 2018 will be asked to contact practices in their allocated sub region to arrange an interview.
- MCCC will advertise available vacancies for Term 1 2018 GP training positions on the MCCC website from Friday 8 September.
- Registrars – update your CV and have it ready to send to practices from 8 September.
- Practices – all interviews will be held from 2-27 October. If you are a Practice Manager, please set aside days for interview/s during this period. Please do not arrange interviews before practice match opens. Some practices with special considerations will be able to commence earlier interviews.
- More information on preference processes will be available closer to the match opening.
Download these resources for more details:
Preparing for practice match interviews – tips
We understand that your practice is a busy place. Here are some simple tips to help ensure interviews run smoothly at your practice:
Provide an outline of a typical registrar roster in writing at the time of the interview. Include in hours, evenings, after hours, on call and weekend work in the outline. Though normal working hours are 8 am – 8 pm during weekdays and 8 am -1 pm on Saturdays, having GP registrars working every Friday evening or every Saturday morning may not be in the “spirit” of a training environment. However, if your practice chooses this rostering arrangement, please have this in writing at the time of interview.
Ensure you have a copy of your practice contract available at the time of interview so that the registrar is able to take it away and read it. Your contract should include, an outline of the roster including in hours, evenings, after hours, on call and weekend work and the days that they are rostered. It should also outline teaching times and when they will occur, and outline Supervision and supervisor availability.
Other things to discuss at interview could include any known leave, both for the registrar and yourselves, so that any arrangements that need to be made can be done well ahead of time.
Here are links to key policies relevant to practice match for the 2018 AGPT intake:
- Diversity of training experience
- Metro West Outer Metro Training Requirements and Restrictions Policy
- Operational Procedure for pre-existing personal relationships (including registrar ownership of a training practice) and the employment and training of GP
Registrars at MCCC
Visit this link for information about National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of GP Registrars.